This Caesar salad recipe is so flavourful and fresh (oh, and it’s also vegan and gluten free)! It is a delicious summer meal and is packed full of vitamins and nutrients. The flavour is a credit to the dressing for giving this salad such a delightfully creamy flavour, which also has sweet, salty and spicy notes too. All the ingredients give you a delicious healthy lunch or dinner option. The best part is it’s really easy to make. This recipe serves 1.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 190g humus
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 a teaspoon of maple syrup
- 5 slices of pickled jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of pickle juice
- 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 3 packets of fresh lettuce
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fine black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Prepare the Caesar dressing by first, finely chopping the jalapeños. Then, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the; humus, mustard, maple syrup, jalapeños, pickle juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon mix the ingredients together until creamy and combined well.
- Next, drain the tin of chickpeas in the colander. Make the chickpea “croutons” by adding them to a hot small non-stick skillet pan, over medium heat with olive oil, and fry them. Toss them so they are well coated with oil and add the smoked paprika. Cook them for about 2 minutes and toss just now and then, to make sure they cook evenly.
- Finally, assemble the salad in a large bowl, by adding the lettuce, pour over the Caesar dressing, stir together and top with the chickpeas.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is store in the fridge and stores well. To store it, just transfer the ingredients into separate containers with lids (preferably airtight), for 3 days. The dressing may thicken when chilled, so be sure to leave it at room temperature to soften a bit before using.
To really spice things add up to a teaspoon of some cumin, coriander, dried mixed herbs, paprika and/or garlic powder. If you would like your salad even spicier, just add some more finely chopped jalapeños to your dressing.
That is how to make this delicious vegan Caesar salad recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food