This flavourful chicken fajita recipe is definitely a winner for your weekly dinner options. A chicken fajita is similar to an open chicken wrap with a Mexican twist. The chicken fajita marinade in these popular tortillas is mouthwatering and delicious. They are easy to prepare and get the raves around the table! This recipe serves 6.
What you can get from us:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice, squeezed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 400 grams of chicken breasts
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tortillas
What you may already have:
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together; 1/2 cup oil, lime juice, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then add them to the bowl and toss until well-coated. Let them marinate in the fridge, between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet/non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, for approximately 8 minutes per side. Let them rest for 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet/non-stick pan and cook until soft, for approximately 5 minutes. Add chicken and toss until combined.
- Serve with tortillas and enjoy!
It’s easy; just keep this chicken fajita recipe in the fridge, for up to 1 week. To store it, just transfer the fajita into any container with a lid (preferably airtight).
Top off your fajitas with some guacamole, and sour cream. If you like a little extra spiciness to your fajitas, go ahead and add some chilli powder, cayenne, or paprika while marinating! Also, don’t forget to top it off with some sliced Jalapeño In Adobo Sauce.
Try our most flavourful chicken fajitas from the comfort of your home.