This sweet potato with creamy curry sauce tacos are as delicious as ever; filled with fresh, healthy, and flavorful ingredients, will leave you just wanting more! This hearty taco recipe features roasted curried sweet potatoes, corn, and kidney bean salsa for protein, and a pretty extraordinary creamy curry sauce made with raw cashews and Cape Malay Curry Sauce, for texture and savoury notes. It’s so good you’ll want to keep dipping your finger in. They are simple, easy to prepare, and make for a well-balanced summer dinner. This recipe serves 2, and there’s plenty of leftovers to make more tortillas.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of Cape Malay Curry Sauce
- 2(~1kg) sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews
- 2 whole sweetcorn, dehusked
- 1 tin of red kidney beans
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed and de-pipped
- 6 tortillas
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- Pickled red onions
- 1 avocado, sliced
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 3 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of fine black peppercorns
- 1 cup of boiled water
- First, prepare the sweet potatoes by chopping them into equally-sized small cubes, about 1cm. They can’t be too big as they have to fit into the tacos. Place them on a large roasting tray with baking paper, drizzle with olive oil, add 3 tablespoons of the curry sauce, and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Toss and coat all the piece well, space them out and roast them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t go mushy, but rather just cooked and soft.
- Next, while the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the creamy curry sauce by first soaking the raw cashews with boiling water, in a bullet blender, for 15 minutes. Add just enough water to cover them.
- Then, cut the kernels off the cob by placing it in a medium-sized bowl set on a wet cloth, so it doesn’t slip and catches the kernels. Using a serrated knife cut down on the upward standing cob. Next, In a medium-sized pan on high heat, drizzle some 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the corn kernels and a pinch of salt, shake and toss them until they’re well coated. Leave them to grill until they’re cooked through and the underside has a nice golden char, then toss again to grill the other side.
- Meanwhile, drain your beans. Then add them to the pan once the sweetcorn is done. Season them with another pinch of salt and squeeze the lemon juice. Mix/toss it around and set aside.
- Once the cashews have soaked and softened, pour out the water, add 1 cup of the curry sauce and blend it well until it’s nice and creamy.
- Slice some of the avocados and finely slice a small chunk of the red cabbage.
- Finally, heat the tortillas as per the instructions on the packaging. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, place the tortillas and warm them for 30 seconds on each side. Assemble the tacos by; spreading a little bit of the creamy curry sauce on the tortilla, then add about a teaspoon of the corn salsa, a few pieces of sweet potato, red cabbage, another drizzle of the creamy curry sauce, and lastly garnish it with some avocado and coriander.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s easy; just keep this sweet potato with creamy curry sauce taco recipe in the fridge, for up to 1 week. To store it, just transfer the ingredients into any containers with lids (preferably airtight). Reheat the tortillas the same way you prepared them, and to reheat the sweet potatoes, fry for approximately 30 seconds.
If you like your tacos a little spicy, just add some hot sauce to give them that nice kick – maybe, even some chilli flakes. Also, you can garnish your tacos with a touch of freshly squeezed lime juice for extra freshness.
That is how to make these super tasty sweet potato with creamy curry sauce tacos from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food