This stone fruit crumble recipe is not only beautiful but is also simply the best sweet treat around! The sweetness of this recipe is really balanced with salt, fat and acid. It is simple to make by using the granola as the crumble, which also makes for a nice and crunchy topping. The hero of this dish is the cashew butter, as it adds richness to the crumble without the need for butter. You are sure to fall in love in love with this divine dessert. This recipe serves 4 people.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 2 cups crunchy granola
- 5 plums, sliced
- 5 yellow cling peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons of coconut cream
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1/2 a teaspoon of fine sea salt
- First, begin by preheating the oven to 180°C on the fan setting. Then prepare the ingredients by halving all the plums and peaches, and pipping them. Using a knife slice them into thin slices. Transfer these into a ceramic tart dish, and add to it the zest of the lemons and maple syrup (adjust this according to how ripe and sweet your plums are).
- Next, mix all the ingredients together and bake it in the oven, for about 20 minutes, until the fruit is nice and soft. After 15 minutes, take the dish out to mix the fruit together and put it back in for another 5 minutes. The fruit should be fully cooked as the granola is already crunchy and will just need a few minutes, to avoid it getting really hard.
- While the fruit is baking, make the granola crumble. Do this by adding the granola into a large mixing bowl along with the cashew butter, a pinch of salt and the juice of 1 lemon. The cashew butter is to add some fattiness and oiliness to the crumble. Mix this together and set it aside.
- Once the fruit is finished cooking, take it out to add the crumble mixture on top (make sure that is spread out evenly). Place the dish back into the oven for a few minutes until the crumble is a nice and golden brown. Dish the stone fruit crumble into a bowl with a drizzle of coconut cream over it.
- Serve and enjoy!
It is easy to store this stone fruit crumble recipe. Just place the ceramic dish (covered or in an airtight container) in the fridge for up to 1 week. To reheat, simply pop it in a preheated oven (180°C on the fan setting) for about 5 minutes.
To really add some more flavour, spice things by adding some ground allspice (or cardamom, cinnamon spice) to your crumble mixture. This is a nice addition as it will go really well with the plums. It is also delicious served with ice cream.
That is how to make this delightful stone fruit crumble recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food