This spaghetti al limone recipe is an Italian classic, hearty yet fresh and flavourful dish that will satisfy that pasta craving. It is simple to make and had such bold flavours of lemon, garlic butter and cheese. Even though it is rich, the lemon zest helps to cut through and add a lovely freshness, which balances the dish. It a truly amazing dish and will for sure become a dinnertime favourite. This recipe serves 2.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 200g of spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 fresh lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of fine sea salt
- First, prepare the ingredients. Start by zesting the lemon. When zesting a lemon, only grate it once or twice per spot, as once you get deeper the white of the rind it becomes very bitter. Then mince the garlic by slicing it widthways and then lengthways, and then repeat this until the garlic is fine. Next, grate the parmesan using the smallest slots.
- Now, in a medium-sized pot, over a medium to high heat, place the pasta into heavily salted (with the fine sea salt) boiling water. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes once the water is boiling until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking, in the large non-stick pan over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter is foaming, add the minced garlic and most of the lemon zest. Cook this for a few minutes until the garlic starts to brown slightly, stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is al dente, using tongs, transfer it into the pan. Add most of the parmesan and toss it until the pasta is fully covered. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened and is glossy. Control the consistency with pasta water.
- Finish by plating up half of the pasta into a bowl, and finally, add a touch of parmesan and a sprinkle of the remaining lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!
This spaghetti al limone recipe is easily stored in the fridge. Just transfer the pasta into a container with a lid (preferably airtight). Put it into the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat the ingredients, just put them in the microwave, until warm. Add more parmesan and/or lemon zest as desired.
That is how to make this classic spaghetti al limone recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Enthusiast Kitchen