This simple roast cauliflower with curry sauce and rice recipe is hands down the best around. It takes the standard dinner-time favourite to new levels, and definitely will not disappoint! The dish’s taste amazing will hit every note; with salty, rich, acidic and heat flavours. Serve the tasty roasted cauliflower, fresh herb rice and comforting curry sauce on curry night and watch it become the star of the show. This recipe serves 4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 whole head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of rocket leaves
- 500g of butter chicken curry sauce
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorns
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C fan. Then prepare the basmati rice by placing it into a pressure cooker, with 1 cup of water, and a teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper. Cook on high, for 20 minutes. Then let the natural pressure release for 10 minutes, before opening the steam valve(s) to let the rest of steam out. Alternatively, cook the basmati rice by placing it in a pot on the stove, over a medium to high heat, for about 15-20 minutes – uncovered and stirring occasionally.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the cauliflower, by cutting off the stalks and any big leaves covering from the head. Place onto a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Then rub everything in well until the cauliflower is covered well, before roasting it in the oven for 45-60 minutes (depending on size), or until soft and starting to char. Test it by poking a knife into the centre of the cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, mix together the; cooked rice, roughly chopped coriander (with the stalks for crunchiness), rocket, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Pour the curry sauce into a small pot, over medium heat, for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until it’s warmed up. Finally, dish the rice onto a serving plate, with the cauliflower on top, and then pour the curry sauce over.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe keeps really well in the fridge. To store, just transfer the rice, cauliflower (portioned wedge), and curry sauce into separate containers with lids (preferably airtight). Place into the fridge for up to 1 week. To reheat the ingredients, just put them in the microwave, separately, until warm.
Add a fresh twist to your roast cauliflower with curry sauce and rice by adding some extra mint and basil to the rice. This adds a nice crisp herb flavour to this dish! If you would like to take your dish to the next level, just add some shaved almonds to top this recipe off. Try serving our guac on our chicken fajita dish.
That is how to make this heartwarming dish from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food