He’s how to make perfectly crispy fish tacos. These fish tacos are one of our all-time favourite recipes; filled with fresh and flavorful ingredients, and perfectly seasoned crispy fried fish! They are simple, easy to prepare and get the talk around the table, leaving everyone wanting more. Don’t forget the best fish taco sauce – a sour cream lime with some hot sauce, that you will want on all of your tacos! This recipe serves 3.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1/2 red onion, chopped lengthways
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed
- 280g of hake, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 tortillas
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2/3 cup of cornflour cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- A litre of Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorns
- Chop the onion and place it in a small bowl with the apple cider vinegar and cover, then, finely slice the cabbage and set aside. Then add the avo’ into a medium-sized bowl and stir in, lime juice, salt and pepper until well-mixed. Dice the cherry tomatoes into quarters, set aside and add 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by mixing together the; sour cream, fresh lime juice, and hot sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix together the; cornflour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Slice the fish into 3cm chunks, widthways. Then add it to the large bowl, toss until well-coated.
- When ready to cook, heat remaining enough canola oil to cover the fish portions in a large pot, over medium to high heat (slowly bring it up to 350C). Gently place the coated fish and fry until for approximately 4-6 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Make sure to take keep an eye on them so they don’t darken, and overcook. Remove fish using a skimmer and let them rest 5 minutes in a bowl, on a paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Place the tortillas and warm them for 30 seconds on each side. Assemble the tacos by; spreading the avo’ on the tortilla, then place the cabbage, tomatoes, fried fish, drizzle sauce, and finally garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s easy; just keep this fish taco recipe in the fridge, for up to 1 week. To store it, just transfer the ingredients into any containers with lids (preferably airtight). Reheat the tortillas the same way you prepared them, and to reheat the fried fish, fry for approximately 1 minute.
Do you like your Mexican food spicy? We are big fans of chilli, and recommend adding extra freshly chopped serrano chillies to your fish tacos.
That is how to make the perfectly crispy fish tacos from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Enthusiast Kitchen