This one pot vegetable pasta recipe is great — surprisingly delicious and easy to make. It is healthy and packed with all those much-needed vitamins and nutrients. The ingredients make for sumptuous, fresh and tasty pasta and sauce. This recipe is versatile as you can use any veggies really, and is the perfect dish to add to the weeknight meal plan. This recipe serves 4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 300g of linguine
- 1 and 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of swiss chard, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle salt
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock powder
- Begin by preparing the vegetables. Chop the parsley, sundried tomatoes and swiss chard, dice the cherry tomatoes and tomato, mince the garlic, halve and finely slice the onion and then break up the broccoli into pieces.
- Next, in a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add all the ingredients, except the swiss chard and lemon juice. Then bring your pot to a boil, reducing the heat to low, simmer for about 30 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir frequently while bringing the water to a boil.
- Keep checking the pasta as it cooks, gradually adding some extra water if needed to ensure proper cooking and to avoid burning. Continue to stir occasionally while the pasta is simmering to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Finally, just before serving, stir in the swiss chard until it just starts to wilt and add the lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!
This one pot vegetable pasta recipe is easy to store in the fridge. Simply transfer the pasta with into a container with a lid (preferably airtight). Keep it in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat the ingredients, just put them in the microwave, until it gets to the desired heat.
That is how to make this lovely one pot vegetable pasta recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by 365 Wholesome Days