This one pot pasta with broccoli and lemony greens tastes fantastic and is the perfect quick dinner dish. It is really easy to make as it only calls for five ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to prepare! Less is more with this recipe and the bold flavours speak for themselves. This is a great dish to freshen up the weekly dinner menu and one the whole family will enjoy! This recipe serves 4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 500g of Fettucce pasta
- 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 large handful of rocket
- 2 handfuls of broccolini
- 1 tin of chickpeas
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 2 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- Begin by cooking the pasta in a shallow wide pot with the water and a pic of salt, over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, then start to push down until it’s submerged and stir the pasta using tongs as it cooks.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the other ingredients. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Zest both of the lemons fully and set aside.
- Once the water comes up to the boil, cook for just under the label instructions (10 minutes) for 8/9 minutes, until al dente. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Next, when there are 5 minutes left for the pasta, add the chickpeas and then mix them in. After this, with about 4 minutes to go, add in the broccolini, mix it in and then cover the pan with a lid to steam them.
- Finally, once the pasta has finished cooking, add the lemon zest, drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice (to taste) and rocket. Mix together so that the rocket wilts a little bit.
- Serve and enjoy!
This one pot pasta with broccoli and lemony greens recipe is easy to store in the fridge. Simply transfer the pasta into a container with a lid (preferably airtight). It can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat, simply put the pasta in the microwave until it gets to the desired heat.
That is how to make this vibrant one pot pasta with broccoli and lemony greens recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food