This nachos with biltong recipe is amazing and is a nice twist on the classic dish. It is a very satisfying dish the whole family and friends will love: spicy tomato and bean cooked salsa piled on top of nachos, covered in melted cheese and served with a simple gauc’, and fresh coriander. It is easy to make and is the perfect meal for any occasion. This recipe serves 4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 250g of lean biltong
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 large packet tortilla chips
- 1 can of tinned tomato
- 2 tablespoons of pickled jalapeños
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can of tinned red kidney beans
- 30g of of coriander leaves
- 1/2 a lemon, freshly squeezed (pipped)
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground peppercorns
- First, make the tomato and bean cooked salsa. Start by dicing the onion. In a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and sweat down the onions. Season with salt a pinch of salt and stir occasionally. Then add the paprika and cumin and continue to cook and stir. Once the onions are translucent, add the tin of tomatoes, a pinch of salt and stir it together. Let this cook for a few minutes (continuing to stir it occasionally) before adding the tin of kidney beans, and then mix it through. Simmering it until it thickens and then remove it from the heat.
- Next, on chopping board, grate the block of cheese using the large side of the grater, chop the biltong into small pieces and set them aside.
- On a roasting tray, put down a layer of the tortilla nacho chips and spread them out. Then spoon some of the salsa onto the bed of chips. Sprinkle some of the; biltong, pickled jalapeños and grated cheese. Do this using about half of the ingredients.
- After this repeat the previous step by adding another layer of the ingredients on the tray again. Using up the last of these ingredients. Then in a preheated oven on the max grill setting, put the roasting tray in the oven for about than 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the guacamole in a small bowl, by adding the avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Then using a fork, mash the ingredient until it’s a good smooth consistency and set aside.
- Finally, dish up the nachos into a bowl, using a serving spoon and then add a small spoon of the guac’ and garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top off your nachos with biltong recipe with a little bit of sour cream or freshly squeezed lime, for extra freshness. If you like your tacos a little spicy, just add some hot sauce to give them an extra kick – maybe, even some chilli flakes.
That is how to make this great nachos with biltong recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Enthusiast Kitchen