Didn’t think I’d forget about the vegans did you? These are the ultimate FUDGY, CHOC brownies, that are so decadent you’d never guess they’re completely healthy and packed with protein.
The secret ingredient? Chickpeas! They add both protein, fiber and micro nutrients to the brownies, and add to that fudgy texture. All you do is quickly blend up the chickpeas, a banana, milk of your choice and some nut butter and add it to the premix, and you’re done. This recipe allows a lot of flexibility so you can play around with the macros. You can substitute pumpkin for banana if you want a lower carb version, or add coconut milk as your choice of milk for some extra healthy fats. Suitable for Vegans.
INSTRUCTIONS: to make 20 brownies (halve to make 10)
1) Preheat oven to 180o and grease a large brownie tray.
2) Drain and rinse 1 tin of chickpeas.
3) Add the chickpeas, 1 medium banana (100g),1 cup mylk (240ml) of choice and 4 tablespoons nut butter to a blender and blend.
4) Add the Vegan Brownie Premix to a bowl and pour in the blended wet ingredients.
5) Stir mixture well.
6) Spoon into your brownie tray and bake for 45 minutes.
7) Allow to cool (if you can manage!) before slicing and serving.
8) Store in the fridge for extra fudginess!
Ingredients: Cocoa Powder (25%), Xylitol, PeaProtein Isolate (17%), Erythritol, Coconut Flour, Golden Flaxseeds, Sunflower Seeds, Himalayan Salt, Coffee, Baking Powder, Psyllium Husk, Steviol Glycosides, Xantha Gum.
Allergens: Packed in a facility which uses eggs, cow’s milk, nuts and wheat.
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: VEGAN BROWNIE PREMIX PREMIX
Total per 100g, Per 10g Serving
Energy (kJ) 766kJ, 77kJ
Protein (g) 23.7g, 2.4g
Glycaemic Carbohydrate 17g, 2g
Of which Sugar (g) 2.2g, 0.2g
Total Fat (g) 8.5g, 0.8g
Of which Saturated Fat (g) 3.6g, 0.4g
Dietary Fibre (g) 16.3g, 1.6g
Total Sodium (mg) 867mg, 87mg