This easy-peasy pancake premix is a FAVE! It is low carb, gluten free and sugar free, and so versatile. It is subtly sweetened and has a hint of vanilla, so just add some milk and an egg and you have a perfect lil pancake. You can go to town with toppings – berries and nut butter go down a treat, or you can keep things savoury and add bacon and avo! If you want to add some carbs, you can mash up a banana and add it in, and voila, you have banana pancakes.
Instructions : to make 5 pancakes
1) Whisk together 1 large egg and 1/4 cup milk of choice in a bowl.
2) Add 50g of Protein Pancake Premix and whisk again.
3) Heat oil or butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
4) Spoon 1 big tablespoon of mixture onto the pan, and flip when bubbles start to form.
5) Serve with all the toppings and drizzles your heart’s desires!
Ingredients: Whey Protein (31%), Coconut Flour, Xylitol, Baking Powder, Golden Flaxseeds, Sunflower Seeds, Erythritol, Himalayan Salt, Flavouring: vanilla, Psyllium Husk, Xanthan Gum, Steviol Glycosides.
Allergens: Cow’s Milk, Packed in a facility which uses eggs, cow’s milk, nuts and wheat.
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: PROTEIN PANCAKE PREMIX
Total per 100g, Per 50g Serving
Energy (kJ) 1154kJ, 577kJ
Protein (g) 33.5g, 16.8g
Glycaemic Carbonhydrate (g) 8g, 4g
Of which Sugar (g) 5.8g, 2.9g
Total Fat (g) 9.6g, 4.8g
Of which Saturated Fat (g) 5.0g, 2.5g
Dietary Fibre (g) 14.1g, 7.0g
Total Sodium (mg) 1402mg, 701mg