Have you ever wondered how to make the best beef burger at home? This delicious burger recipe is hands down the best because it’s easy to make, yet so tasty! It is definitely a great choice to change up your weekly lunch or dinner menu. These burgers are also a great summertime meal, jam-packed with all kinds of flavour, and has no added tasteless bread crumbs or eggs. They will get the family and friends singing your praises! This recipe serves 4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 4 beef burger patties
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 head of lettuce, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of harissa paste
- 8 slices of Danbo cheese
- 4 butter buns, sliced
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Peel and prepare 4 onions, then halve and chop them lengthways. Melt the teaspoon of butter over medium heat, in a heavy-bottomed pot. Sweat the onions down gently and stir frequently, for about 15-20 minutes, until caramelised (brown colour).
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix together; the mayonnaise and harissa paste to make our sauce.
- Prepare the other ingredients, by first; shredding the lettuce by chopping it finely, and slicing the tomato. Then, slice the cheese widthways (cut 4 slices to make a whole slice). Place the sliced buns in a skillet/non-stick pan, with a knob of butter, over medium heat toast them.
- Season the beef patties with salt and pepper. When ready to cook, use the same skillet/non-stick pan over medium to high heat. Place the 2 patties (at a time) into the pan, pressing down the centre, to ensure full contact while cooking. Cook until golden and cooked through, for approximately 5-7 minutes per side.
- Add the cheese by placing them on top of the patties in the pan, and cover with a lid for approximately 1 minute, until the cheese has melted.
- Assemble your burger by; spreading the harissa mayo’ sauce to the bottom bun, then the lettuce, tomato slice, burger patty, and finally add the caramelised onions to the top bun. Stack, serve and enjoy!
That is how to make the best burgers from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by The Enthusiast Kitchen