This cookie dough nice cream recipe is (almost) magical and really does taste even better than it sounds! What makes this recipe the best is its rich creamy texture and that it’s loaded with chocolate, almond, coconut and of course cookie dough — all the flavours everyone loves! The chocolate almond butter swirl and cookie dough chunks give this desert the most Instagramable presentation. That’s why this one is a family favourite! This recipe serves 6.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 1/4 cup of chocolate almond butter, heaped
- 6 bananas
- 5 tablespoons of D’öh! Original cookie dough
- 1/2 a tin of organic coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Firstly, in a freezer bag, place your bananas in the freezer overnight. This is to the desired consistency when blending all the ingredients together.
- Before starting, take the cookie dough out of the freezer for about 1 hour to let it soften.
- When the bananas are firmly frozen, in a food processor, add the; bananas, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let the ingredients sit for about 10 minutes to allow the bananas to defrost slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, over the lowest heat setting, add the almond butter and melt it gently. Stir continuously until melted, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Next, mix the coconut cream well in the tin and then add it to the food processor. Then, put the lid on and pulse the ingredients a couple of times, before putting it on high. Blending the mixture for about 2 minutes until it’s smooth and has a nice texture.
- Once done, remove the blade from the food processor, add the scoops of the cookie dough and then mix it through (reserve about 5 chunks for the end). Try not to break up the chunks too much.
- After this, transfer the ice cream mixture into a baking paper-lined loaf tin. Then, using a tablespoon, drizzle the nut butter and swirl it through the mixture. Pushing it down to the bottom of the tin, so it’s mixed through well.
- Finally, place the chucks on top of the ice cream and push them in slightly (just so they are lodged in on the surface). Put this into the freezer overnight to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe keeps really well in the freezer. Simply place the tin of ice cream into the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, take it out of the freezers and let it soften ever so slightly and serve.
To mix up your ice cream, you can garnish it with some extra nuts of your choice when serving. This recipe also pairs perfectly with our dessert dishes.
That is how to make this amazing cookie dough nice cream recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Kind But Good Food