On a farm called Falcon’s Nest – itself nestled beneath the beautiful Stellenbosch mountains of the Western Cape, South Africa – entrepreneur Perry Chaloner has been hard at work building his niche food preserve business of tapenades, olives, marmalades and jams.
Close on twenty years ago he started experimenting with traditional jam recipes using the fruits that were flourishing on the 14-hectare farm: olives, plums, lemons, Seville oranges and herbs. Always retaining the best of ‘homemade’ tastes, Chaloner created quirky combinations and shared these special recipes with his friends: their response was overwhelming.
Chaloner 12 promises:
1) Developed first for taste – not for price point.
2) Finest, freshest ingredients sourced eg fresh organic mint, fresh lavender etc.
3) Made seasonally where possible to minimize use of frozen fruit.
4) Only use Wine or Balsamic Vinegar, never Grape Vinegar.
5) No ingredient substitution.
6) High fruit to sugar content. Most products less than 45% added sugar.
7) No added Preservatives or Additives.
8) No synthetic pectin which adversely effects flavour.
9) Ingredients sourced where possible from our own production to ensure quality and minimize carbon footprint.
10) Alternatively ingredients are sourced locally from renowned for quality suppliers.
11) Recipes unique combinations – Blueberry, Raspberry & Lavender.
12) Collaborated to date with top South African chefs
Ingredients: Sugar, Vinegar, Red Peppers, Garlic, Ginger, Coriander, Chilli, Lemon Zest
Serving Size 200g
Total Fat 0.2g
Saturated Fat 0.03g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated fats 0.07g
Monounsaturated fats 0.02g
Total Carbohydrates 83.5g
Dietry Fiber 1.5g
Total Sugars 80.4g
Added Sugars 76.4g