Processing and extraction:
Olives have been crushed with a hammer crusher in order to optimise the surface area for maximum Oil release and flavour release during the malaxing stage. Olive pulp has been malaxed for a maximum of 30 mins at 23 -28 C in order to facilitate the release of phenolic compounds into the oil. Oil Extraction from the pulp was done through the use of a 2 phase Pieralisi decanter system after which the oil has been clarified with a vertical Pieralisi separator. Oil is then left to settle and racked from sediment twice.
Enjoy on its own dipped in artisanal bread, dribbled over red meat, or on salads with perhaps a grind of salt.
On a farm called Falcon’s Nest – itself nestled beneath the beautiful Stellenbosch mountains of the Western Cape, South Africa – entrepreneur Perry Chaloner has been hard at work building his niche food preserve the business of tapenades, olives, marmalades and jams.
Close on twenty years ago he started experimenting with traditional jam recipes using the fruits that were flourishing on the 14-hectare farm: olives, plums, lemons, Seville oranges and herbs. Always retaining the best of ‘homemade’ tastes, Chaloner created quirky combinations and shared these special recipes with his friends: their response was overwhelming.
Chaloner 12 promises:
1) Developed first for taste – not for the price point.
2) Finest, freshest ingredients sourced eg fresh organic mint, fresh lavender etc.
3) Made seasonally where possible to minimize the use of frozen fruit.
4) Only use Wine or Balsamic Vinegar, never Grape Vinegar.
5) No ingredient substitution.
6) High fruit to sugar content. Most products less than 45% added sugar.
7) No added Preservatives or Additives.
8) No synthetic pectin which adversely affects flavour.
9) Ingredients sourced where possible from our own production to ensure quality and minimize carbon footprint.
10) Alternatively ingredients are sourced locally from renowned quality suppliers.
11) Recipes unique combinations – Blueberry, Raspberry & Lavender.
12) Collaborated to date with top South African chefs
Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Dried Chillies
Serving Size 250ml
Total Fat 230,3g
Saturated Fat 31,06g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated fats 31,06g
Monounsaturated fats 168,22g
Total Carbohydrates 2,3g
Dietary Fiber 0,6g
Total Sugars 0g
Added Sugars 0g