This butternut Girasoli with sage butter is an easy recipe that will amaze you with its elegance and complex flavours. The secret to this dish is both the sage butter sauce and “cashew parmesan”, which give it a delectable and moreish flavour profile. This recipe makes for the perfect date night meal or a lovely dinner with friends and family. This recipe serves 3-4.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 500g of butternut Girasoli
- 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup of small fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- To prepare the Girasoli, in a large saucepan, over medium to high heat, bring the water to a boil. Then add the fine sea salt and cook the pasta for 5 minutes or until just al dente.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, use a slotted spoon to transfer it onto a plate lined with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Next, in a large heavy-bottomed frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and once melted, place the cooked Girasoli in the pan. Don’t overcrowd. Fry on both sides until golden, using a spatula to turn.
- To make the sage butter, melt the 4 tablespoons in a small frying pan, over medium heat. Add the sage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the sage is crisp and the butter is a light golden colour. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Then, combine raw cashews, nutritional yeast, kosher salt and olive oil, in a food processor and pulse repeatedly until the mixture has a fine, crumbly texture and similar in consistency to grated parmesan.
- Finally, place the toasted Girasoli in a dish. Pour over the sage butter and top with “cashew parmesan”.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is easily stored in the fridge. Simply transfer the Girasoli, sage butter and cashew ‘parmesan’ into a separate container with a lid (preferably airtight). Put it into the fridge for up to 3 days. Also, the ingredients of this dish can be stored in one container. To reheat the ingredients, just put them in the microwave, until warm.
Garnish with the fried sage leaves, this will also add some extra texture to the dish.
That is how to make this butternut Girasoli with sage butter recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by 365 Wholesome Days