This beef burger with crispy parmesan recipe is one for the books! With the highest quality beef patty, it is juicy and just loaded with flavour. The parmesan crisp adds such a rich cheesiness to this burger, and adds a nice crunchy texture along with the fresh lettuce and onion. It is truly the perfect lunch or light dinner meal. These burgers will without a doubt be an all-time favourite. This recipe serves 2 people.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 2 grass fed beef burger patties
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 200g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 brioche buns, sliced
- 100g of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 leaves of cos lettuce
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- To begin, make the tomato relish by placing the tomatoes in a small roasting tray lined with tin foil or baking paper. Drizzle them with olive oil and vinegar over them, and season them with a pinch of salt and sugar. Then add a few sprigs of rosemary and put the tray in a fan oven preheated to 180°C, for about 20 minutes. Roast the tomatoes until they are a bit charred and blistered.
- In the meantime, cut the buns using a bread knife, and butter both sides of the halves with butter using a butter knife. Place them all in a large skillet/non-stick pan over medium heat toast them lightly. Take the pan off the heat and set aside the buns.
- Next, prepare the onion by thinly slicing it widthways into rings, and set them aside. Then, grate some parmesan into 2 mounds on a baking paper-lined roasting tray and place them in the oven, just a few minutes before you take the tomatoes out. Once the cheese has melted into little disks take both, them and the tomatoes, out of the oven and set them aside. Transfer the roasted tomatoes (remove the rosemary sprigs) into a mixing bowl and using a fork, mash them into a relish consistency.
- After this, season the patties with a pinch of salt on both sides. Using the same skillet/non-stick pan over medium to high heat. Place the patties into the pan, pressing down the centre, to ensure full contact while cooking. Cook them until they are dark brown on both sides and cooked through, for approximately 5-7 minutes per side. Flip them occasionally using a spatula, so they cook evenly.
- Finally, assemble your burger by; spreading the harissa mayo’ on the top bun and placing lettuce on the bottom one, then stack the patty on the bottom bun, then the tomato relish, parmesan crisp, and a few onion rings to top it off. Place the top bun to close the burger.
- Serve and enjoy!
To customise your burger, you could with some crispy bacon or sliced avocado. This will add some more crispy richness or freshness to your burger, to your taste.
That is how to make this beef burger with crispy parmesan recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Enthusiast Kitchen