This baked salmon recipe is delightful and just so light and fresh. It is easy to make using minimal ingredients you should have in your kitchen. The simple combination of the few ingredients really makes for a tasty and balanced dish. This recipe can be for a weekly date night, an ‘al fresco’ meal with friends, or dinner — salmon will rise to any occasion. This recipe serves 3.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM US:
- 700g of baby potatoes
- 3 portions of fresh salmon
- 250g of shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and prepared
- 3 whole leeks
WHAT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
- 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 30g pack of chives
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorns
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- 4 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of coarse Himalayan salt
- 30g pack of chives
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C. Then, begin to prepare the baby potatoes by cutting them into halves. In a medium-sized pot over a medium to high heat, place them into water enough to cover them. Add the salt, bring the water to a boil and cook them for about 8 minutes. Drain and set them aside.
- Next, trim the leaks by chopping about both ends off (about a 1/4 each side), then cut them in half lengthways and finely slice them. After this, finely chop the chives (widthways), capers and garlic clove (widthways into slices).
- Transfer the baby potatoes into a bowl, add the Himalayan salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss them until they’re well coated. On a roasting tray, pour out the baby potatoes and turn them flat side down. Place the roasting tray into the hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, over medium heat, add the leeks and season them with a pinch of salt. Fry them for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently using a wooden spoon. Once they’ve cooked, add about a handful of cabbage along with the capers and garlic. Continue to cook this for a few minutes, whilst mixing it together frequently.
- In the meantime, flip the baby potatoes using a spatula, put them back in for a few more minutes. When the potatoes have a bit of colour/browning to them, add the leek and cabbage to the roasting tray. Mix them together and spread them out using the wooden spoon. Lay the salmon portions over the top of the potatoes, leeks and cabbage. Season the salmon with the coarse sea salt and ground pepper. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and then put the roasting tray in the oven on the grill setting for about 8 minutes.
- Finally, on a plate, using a serving spoon, dish up one heaped spoon of the potatoes, leeks and cabbage. Then place a salmon portion next to them.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storing this baked salmon recipe is easy, just transfer the different ingredients into any separate container with a lid (preferably airtight). Place it in the fridge, you can keep this for up to 3 days. To reheat the ingredients, just put them in the microwave, until warm.
You can garnish with some fresh parsley leaves and lemon wedges, this will also some extra freshness to this recipe too. To add some extra flavour, brush a little bit of simple garlic butter over the fish, this will bring the dish together nicely with the dish.
That is how to make this baked salmon recipe from the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Enthusiast Kitchen